Saturday 23 June 2007

I Think

Sometimes I think: what makes life be
What moves the waves in the deep blue sea
What makes me sleep and wake at morn?
I think and swear, that 'tis no fun

Sometimes I think: why wake all night
Why classes and schools and cities so tight
Why make life 'bit easier, yet more complex so
Whilst elsewhere peace reigns in soft simple souls

Of stories of atoms and molecules I flout
The truth of science, my mind doth doubt
The speed of light, the weight of atoms
The size of the nucleus and such endless fathoms

Prove to the blind, the sky is blue
Prove to the deaf, that music is true
Prove to my mind facts beyond all doubt
And jargons of science no longer I'd flout

I stand to think still, what makes man leave
The beauties of nature and praise of the Being
To pry into secrets of things that can't heave
His sorrows, his pains and quest for peace


Lawrence Okorafor

No comments: